(Insert yelling emoji here) I have something to say…. We need to STOP shaming bandwagon fans.
Bandwagon Fan – noun – \ ˈbandˌwagən ˈfan’ \ : someone who roots for a team when they’re in the playoffs, have won a title(s) or when a team is doing well.
Chances are if you’re reading this blog you’re probably a bandwagon fan and that is perfectly okay.
I am so sick of hardo die hard sports fans chirping people who don’t watch each game with the intensity of open heart surgery. Sports are meant to be fun for fans.
Case in point: 2017-2018 Boston Celtics
The Celtics are effing FUN right now. I do not, by any means “bleed green”, but I haven’t missed a playoff Celtics playoff game this year.
- Brad Stevens is a genius-you
didn’theard it here first.
- Danny Ainge made some big moves last offseason
- They’ve overcome a lot of BS.
- One of those said moves (Gordon Hayward **swoon**) got a gruesome ankle injury minutes into the first game of the season and hasn’t played since.
- The other (Kyrie Irving **absolute baller / flat earth guy**) had knee surgery in March and is out for the remainder of the season
- It’s a super young team that is just flat out fun to watch.
- Terry Rozier very well could be the pettiest person on earth and I AM HERE FOR IT.
- C’s played the Milwaukee bucks in the first round & MIL Point Guard Eric Bledsoe claimed “he had no idea who Terry Rozier was”
- After the Celtics knocked the Bucks out of the 1st round Terry showed up to the garden in a Drew Bledsoe Patriots jersey.
photo cred: http://larrybrownsports.com
Fast forward through a 5 game series with the Philadelphia 76ers that I have no interest in recapping and you probably have no interest in reading, we’re now onto the Eastern Conference Finals against Lebron & Khloe Kardashian’s cheating baby daddy. This is a series most people were predicting to be an absolute bloodbath for the Celtics.
The Celtics won the first game by 20+ points last sunday; The Celtics won Game 2 107-94 on Tuesday.
Playoffs are fun. Watching great teams win games is fun. Nobody is flocking to watch loser teams like the Browns. Living in Boston we have been dealt a spoil of riches between all of the championships and runs the last 15 years. Cherish it, enjoy it. And tell that jerk at the bar that you will go Scary Terry on his ass if he calls you a pink hat one more time while you are just trying to enjoy the game.
Game 3 is on 5/19 at 8:30pm